The twenty-first annual amateur Piobaireachd competition for the Archie Kenneth Quaich will take place on Saturday, 2nd March 2013, in the rooms of The Royal Scottish Pipers’ Society, 127 Rose Street Lane South, Edinburgh, starting at 10am.
Entries and enquiries to Alan Forbes, 24 Garscube Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 6BN. Tel: 0131-337 4094 or e-mail: email@example.com
Competitors should submit two tunes with their entries, one of which they will be asked to play. Competitors may not submit any tune with which they have previously won first prize in the competition.
Conditions for eligibility are as follows:
- Competitors must be aged twenty or over.
- Competitors must be amateur pipers.
- In particular, the following are not eligible:
- holders of the Army School of Piping’s Pipe Major Certificate;
- anyone who has won a prize in open competition or who has, within the past five years, taken part in open competition;
- anyone who has taken part in public recitals with professional players.
- Anyone in doubt about their eligibility to play should contact the competition organiser for advice.
There will be a maximum of twenty-five competitors selected on a first come first served basis.