The twenty-fourth annual amateur Piobaireachd competition for the Archie Kenneth Quaich will take place on Saturday, 5th March 2016, in the rooms of The Royal Scottish Pipers’ Society, 127 Rose Street Lane South, Edinburgh, starting at 10am.
Entries and enquiries to Alan Forbes, 24 Garscube Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 6BN. Tel: 0131-337 4094 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitors should submit two tunes with their entries, one of which they will be asked to play. Competitors may not submit any tune with which they have previously won first prize in the competition.
Conditions for eligibility are as follows:
- Competitors must be aged twenty or over.
- Competitors must be amateur pipers.
- In particular, the following are not eligible:
- holders of the Army School of Piping’s Pipe Major Certificate;
- anyone who has won a prize in open competition or who has, within the past five years, taken part in open competition;
- anyone who has taken part in public recitals with professional players.
- Anyone in doubt about their eligibility to play should contact the competition organiser for advice.
Please note the following change to previous arrangements:
In the event that there are significantly more than 25 entries the competition may be run as two heats with a final of three or four from each heat, the finalists being required to play the tunes not chosen for them in the heats. This is to enable as many competitors as possible to take part.