The Scottish Piping Society of London is delighted to announce that entries are now being taken for its Annual Competition which this year will take place on Saturday November 5th at the Kensington Conference Centre, London.
Entries will be accepted via email or post. Due to issues with the SPSL website entries will NOT be accepted via the website.
Closing date for entries September 30th 2016
Entry fee of £40 to cover all events entered. Juvenile entry is free.
Payment of entry fees is preferred in advance by direct bank transfer or via paypal (details on request). In exceptional situations entry fees can be paid on the day.
Tunes selected will be provided to pipers in final tuning
Premier grade events
1. Piobaireachd: Am Bratach Gorm (7 tunes to be submitted with entry)
2. Piobaireachd: William Gillies Cup (6 tunes to be submitted with entry) (NB: the Gillies Cup is also open to A grade pipers)
3. MSR: London Medallion & John MacFadyen Quaich (6 of each tune to be submitted with entry, TWO of each to be played)
4. March: PM JB Robertson Silver Rose Bowl (6 of each to be submitted with entry, selected tune to be played ONCE). (NB: the March competition result does NOT contribute to the overall prize).
5. Hornpipe & Jig: Mary Flora Beaton Cup (3 of each to be submitted with entry)
A grade events
1. Piobaireachd: RG Lawrie Rams Horn Snuff Mull (submit 6 tunes on the day)
2. MSR: Strachan Memorial (submit 4 of each on the day)
3. Hornpipe & Jig: Donald Forbes Medal (own choice)
B grade events
1. Piobaireachd: John Roe Plate (submit 4 tunes on the day)
2. MSR: London Scottish Hodden Grey Trophy (submit 3 of each on the day)
3. Hornpipe & Jig: Hugh MacMillan Trophy (own choice)
C grade events
1. Piobaireachd: National Piping Centre Trophy (submit 3 tunes on the day)
2. MSR: PM Robert Crabb BEM Trophy (submit 3 of each on the day)
3. Hornpipe & Jig: Trophy (own choice)
1. Piobaireachd: (own choice)
2. MSR: British Airways Pipe Band Trophy (own choice)
3. Slow Air & Jig: Highlands & Islands Society Trophy (own choice)
Clasp events will all be administered via the CLASP website.
1. Follows the established grading system. E.g., those graded B for light music by the CPA will be expected to play in the B grade light music.
2. The Bratach Gorm is open only to gold medal winners or previous winners of the Gillies Cup at London.
3. Formers winners of London events since 2009 will be expected to play in the next level event at London.
4. Winners from the 2016 events at the Argyllshire Gathering or Northern Meeting will be expected to play in the next level event at London.
5. Please contact the SPSL committee for any uncertainty on which events to enter.
Entry to be sent:
via email to
via post to
11 Beech Ave
For payment details please email Andrew Hall.