Employment Opportunities – Currently we have the following positions available:
Part time Events Duty Manager (Salary DOE)
Exciting New Position
The National Piping Centre has a reputation for excellence and it is no different when it comes to traditional Scottish hospitality. For over 10 years now The National Piping Centre has been building its reputation as one of Glasgow’s top wedding venues. The National Piping Centre caters for a broad range of functions and events, including corporate away days, birthday parties, ceilidhs, conferences, concerts, meetings, retrials and many more. The National Piping centre is offering a fantastic new role for a committed and enthusiastic individual within the hospitality industry.
Events Duty Manager Role:-
Reporting to the General and Deputy General Manager the Events Duty Manager will need excellent leadership skills and the ability to drive your team in an exciting, high-volume environment. This is certainly a hands-on role for a willing team-player. The main duties and responsibilities of the job role are as follows;
- Managing effective operations of the bar, reception and restaurant area
- Assisting the senior management team
- Responsible for day to day operational activities and dealing with any issues that may arise
- Maintain overall levels of courtesy, service and cleanliness of the food and beverage areas
- Portraying excellent customer service skills and effective management of the team
- Main point of contact whilst on duty
- Assisting in all set up and break down processes and procedures
Events Duty Manager Criteria:-
- You will have had at least two years’ experience within a similar role in a high volume establishment.
- We are looking for someone who is friendly, attentive and passionate about the customer service experience with a solid understanding of food and beverage service.
- Confident working in a pressurised environment with a varied shift pattern.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience working at large scale events such as weddings, conferences etc.
- Holds a valid personal licence
The Events Duty Manager role is a part time position based on 16-25 hours per week (business dependant). On offer is a competitive salary along with great benefits.
Do you have any special skills which you think could help us in our work in the centre, eg. librarians, recording engineers, archivists, IT, etc.? Perhaps you would like to provide assistance at events? If you would like to gain valuable experience volunteering at the National Piping Centre please get in touch.
The National Piping Centre
30-34 McPhater Street
Tel: +44(0)141 353 0220
Fax: +44(0)141 353 1570