12-18 hours per week | April – Oct 2015
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Bagpiper to join the front desk / shop team of The National Piping Centre.
We are seeking a talented people person who will fit into our team and play a major part in welcoming guests from all over the world during school holidays and tourist seasons.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with groups and speaking to members of the public.
You will be expected to:
- Be an ambassador of The National Piping Centre and The Great Highland Bagpipe
- Meet and greet each and every guest at the entrance to the building
- Welcome guests into The Museum of Piping and be able to talk about Bagpipes with flair and passion
- Wear a full kilt on shift and have your pipes ready to go when guests arrive
- Be kind and respectful to families, children and guests of any background
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered at all times
- Softly maximise profitability within The Bagpipe Shop
- Be on hand to assist with general front desk and shop tasks when tours are not taking place
The ideal candidate description:
- They will be able to demonstrate a high level of piping
- A short audition will be necessary
- Will have been to The National Piping Centre either through NYPBoS, RCS or another avenue we recognise
- Have a desire to WOW our guests
- Have experience in the service industry or a strong knowledge of how to look after the public
- Have knowledge of social media platforms and online advertising sites i.e. Gumtree, Twitter, Instagram, What’s on Glasgow
Salary and Terms of Employment:
- £7.50 per hour
- Thursday and Fridays throughout April to end of September 2015
- 10.30am – 5pm
- Shift patterns of 6.5 hours per day
- A 30 minute break will be given
Applicants must be fully flexible, weekend working may be required.
If you feel you are the right candidate, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV.
Letters of application and CV to be sent to:
The National Piping Centre
30-34 McPhater Street
Glasgow G4 0HW
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org