The National Piping Centre receives many requests for filming and visits by journalists throughout the year. We are happy to accommodate these requests where possible, however availability is limited, so if you would like to arrange a media visit, the following charges will apply:
- Print journalists, with a group of 2 or less – Free of charge. These visits must be planned around our tour times and days, and agreed in advance with the management
- Film crews with 2 or more people. Where possible we will organise a 3 hour media slot in our venue with a piper. This allows you access to the Museum of Piping to film general shots. Many of the items in our collection are on loan from National Museums Scotland (NMS). For permission to film close ups of these objects you need to also obtain permission from NMS. The cost for this visit is £250 for a 0 – 3 hour visit.
On your visit we will provide:
- Up to three hours of filming permission.
- Access to our Museum of Piping or Auditorium (if available) for your filming.
- A bagpiper in full day dress, who can speak knowledgeably about the history of piping, conduct a tour of our museum and will guide you through the basics of playing the bagpipes as you try them out.