The National Piping Centre in Glasgow is the world’s foremost institution in the teaching and preservation of the traditions of the Great Highland Bagpipe. We operate a retail outlet and on line shop, in addition the shop is the main reception for the Centre which includes a Museum of Piping, which come under the shop remit.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the retail section of our business for a Shop Manager.
The essential qualities for any applicant are:
• Educated to Higher level with English and Maths, although a degree in a relevant subject is preferable.
• Experience of working within a team, preferably with retail and hospitality experience.
• Amiable personality with strong inter personal skills and customer focused with an enthusiasm for retailing
• Knowledge of piping `and traditional music is a preferable quality.
• Computer literacy including use of the Internet, Word, Excel and knowledge of Microsoft RMS would be helpful.
• Knowledge of e-commerce and social media would be good.
• Ability to motivate a team and manage your time effectively.
• Flexible to work weekdays and weekends as required and also willing to work longer hours during busy periods of the year.
Competitive rates of pay are available with training where required.
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 16th October
Apply with a CV in writing with to:
Alberto Laidlaw, Director of Administration,
The National Piping Centre, 30-34 McPhater Street, Glasgow, G4 0HW.