Terms and Conditions
Please find below The National Piping Centre’s terms and conditions for weddings, ceremonies and evening receptions.
- A provisional booking can be held for up to 7 days without obligation.
- A provisional booking will be released unless written confirmation is received, accompanied by a deposit of:
- £1000 for wedding receptions
- £500 for evening only celebrations
- Should the client wish to cancel their booking, this must be notified in writing and the following charges will apply:
- The deposit paid is non-refundable and non-transferable and will be lost if the event of cancellation.
- Within 6 months’ notice or less 30% of the anticipated revenue* and deposit is payable
- Within 3 months’ notice or less 50% of the anticipated revenue* and deposit is payable
- Within 2 months’ notice or less 75% of the anticipated revenue* and deposit is payable
- Within 1 months’ notice or less results in the full amount of the projected revenue* being due to The National Piping Centre.
- The final wedding confirmation and guest numbers must be given one month prior to the event.
- If final guest numbers change they will be required 14 days prior to the event however please note if less, no refund will be given.
- The final account is payable one month prior to your special day with any extras that may be incurred, payable on the day or on departure from the hotel.
- Payment accepted is cash, Visa, MasterCard or bank transfer. TNPC does not accept cheques.
- All prices are subject to change year on year around 2-5%. Please note your wedding will be charged at the current yearly rate unless paid in full during another year to receive the cheaper price.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at the rate prevailing when this contract was issued.
- The National Piping Centre offers wedding insurance through Hiscox (Please see useful contacts). We recommend that you look into insurance should anything unforeseen happen.
- Service is not included and can be left for the staff at your discretion. All gratuities are shared equally between all staff and chefs.
- There are no minimum numbers for any events or weddings at The National Piping Centre. Please note that the Auditorium may be too large a space for parties less than 30.
- ‘Simply Done’ packages have a minimum number of 80 people and this can be increased to 120 with additional fees.
- The Pipers’ Tryst has an 8-bedroom ‘restaurant with rooms’. At the time of booking you will be asked if you would like to reserve any hotel bedrooms for you and your guests. Please note the following:
- Bedrooms will be reserved in the main account holders name up to 6 months prior to the wedding.
- 6 months prior to your wedding we will ask for a rooming list of names of guests who are staying with us. They will be assigned to a room and clients can opt to have their charges on the master wedding bill or guests can pay own account.
- Payment is required on arrival at the hotel for all guests. Any no-shows will be chargeable to the wedding master bill.
- Accommodation starts from £89 per room. Room rates are ‘Best Available’ and our prices fluctuate to £115 per room due to seasonality and Glasgow City Centre Major Events.
- All rates are inclusive of a continental breakfast and we also offer a full range of cooked breakfasts that can be purchased at the time.
- The National Piping Centre will not be liable for the cost of any damage or repairs that may be required as a direct result of such damage to any part of the building or, any equipment therein contained caused by any person invited by you or on your behalf.
- The National Piping Centre will not accept liability in respect of any loss or damage to articles brought onto the premises.
- Neither you nor any of your guests may bring alcohol or food of any kind (except for infant feeding) into The National Piping Centre.
- The National Piping Centre reserves the right to refuse alcohol.
- The National Piping Centre will not allow bands or DJs to store their equipment over night. Bands must fully exit the premises after the event has taken place.
- The National Piping Centre does not provide a dressing room or meals for bands unless the bride and groom has authorised pre-event and it has been settled on the master invoice.
- This agreement will only come into force when a copy is signed and dated by the customer and given to The National Piping Centre. If the agreement fails to be signed, the National Piping Centre reserves the right to cancel the event.
*Anticipated revenue - The proposed package chosen by the client taking into account the current guest numbers and reserved bedrooms.
*Projected revenue – As above, including estimated average bar spend i.e. The total wedding spend.