The National Piping Centre is taking bookings for one to one piping lessons. These lessons are available from 9am - 5pm during the day, or 5pm - 10pm in the evening.
To book please fill in the form below and purchase a lessons. We will then recieve your request for a lesson. When we receive your booking form we will do our best to comply with your suggested times and dates as requested. We will then confirm this in an email with you, or if you have not made a choice we will suggest other times.
If you DO NOT recieve an email from us, the lesson is not confirmed so will not take place. We must confirm that the lesson is booked, and who your teacher will be in an email for it to take place. If you are in a different time zone remember that our lesson times will be in Greenwich Mean Time or British Summer Time (GMT +1).
The National Piping Centre requires all students to use hearing protection at all times when playing pipes. Hearing protection is available for purchase in our shop or free of charge from the earplug dispenser in both our piping school venues.
Find Out More
Online Tuition Using Skype
Step 1: Set-up
Make sure your computer meets the requirements and that you have:
- A personal computer with high enough specifications to run Skype Video.
- Skype 4 (or above) installed on your computer. You must already have a Skype account as you will need it to book the lesson.
- A webcam, microphone and headphones (to avoid feedback).
- A quiet room where you won't be disturbed for the duration of the lesson.
- You'll need to have first tested your Skype Video connection to get the most out of your lesson. Skype have a guide on setting up video.
Step 2: Arrange payment and time
Please use this booking form to purchase lessons directly, or contact The National Piping Centre directly to arrange the lessons. You can purchase an on-line lesson from The National Piping Centre shop by telephoning with your credit card details. For security reasons please do not send card details by e-mail.
Terms of service
All users of the National Piping Centre's on-line tuition service must agree to follow these terms and conditions.
- Payment must be received in advance of the lesson. The National Piping Centre will not enter into an agreement to provide on-line tuition to the user until payment has been received.
- Lessons must be booked 48 hours in advance.
- If a lesson is cancelled within 48, full payment will be taken for that lesson, as per our cancellation policy which you can view here.
- The National Piping Centre cannot be held liable for service interruptions or technical faults. If a lesson is disrupted for these reasons the National Piping Centre may reschedule the lesson at its discretion but refunds cannot be made. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Lessons last for 50 minutes and up to five minutes of this time may be used to solve any connection or set-up problems.
- Both parties will adhere exclusively to Scots Law with respect to this booking.