Returning to In Person Lessons at The National Piping Centre
As The National Piping Centre returns to in person teaching, protocols have been put in place to protect the teachers and staff, as well as protecting our students.
What we are doing:
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of all high volume touch points across the building (door handles, stair case bannisters etc)
- Staff wearing face coverings at all times and screens set up at reception and in the Pipers’ Tryst
- Track and trace registration for all in the building
- Requiring all staff to take twice weekly Lateral Flow Tests, with negative result.
To book an in person lesson
- All lessons must be booked online at www.thepipingcentre.co.uk/learn
- In the description box, please include “in person lesson” so our team can ensure that can inform the teacher
- The lesson date and time will be confirmed with you through email.
If you are coming to The National Piping Centre for lessons we would ask you:
- Take a Lateral Flow Test before leaving your house, with a negative result. These are free to obtain from the government. Find out more here.
- Use the hand sanitizers as you enter the building.
- Check in with the Track and trace QR code, or register with our sign in book.
- Wear a face covering at all times indoors, unless you are exempt.
- Follow any directional signage within the NPC.
- Keep a safe distance between yourself, staff and other visitors not in your household/bubble.
- Please tell our shop/reception team who you are and who your lesson is with.
- Wait in reception, where you teacher will meet you and guide you to the room that has been booked for the lesson.
- As you leave, check out of the track and trace system, and sanitize your hands on the way out.
The National Piping Centre's rooms are currently only open to those having lessons. We hope to open our rooms for individual practice soon.