We are delighted to announce that The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant and Hotel are now open and we are now taking bookings! The Pipers' Tryst restaurant opening hours are changing from Monday 14th September!
Monday - Kitchen closed. We will be serving tea, coffee and a limited range of cakes from 8am - 5pm.
Tuesday- Thursday 8am - 6pm (last orders)
Friday & Saturdays 8am - 7.30pm (last orders)
Sundays - Closed
We are part of "Super September" where we are extending the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. To ensure you still get three days of 50% off your food bill, from 14th September we have moved it to Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays! Join us then and get 50% off your food and non-alcoholic beverages bill up to the value of £10 per person!
We have also updated our guidelines on dining seating after the First Minister's announcement on 10/09/2020. from Monday 14th Sept, our maximum table size will be 6 people, from 2 households. If you have a table booked which is more than this, then unfortunately we won't be able to seat you as these rules are a legal requirement. This guidance of 6 people includes children, prams, highchairs and those not eating as they take up a space at the table. These rules apply to both indoor and outdoor seating. We remain a 1m plus restuarant so tables will be at least 1m apart at all times.
We also require guests to wear a face covering at all times when not eating or drinking. This includes on enterig and exiting, moving around the room and going to the toilets.
For The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant
- We will be assisting with track and trace, therefore the lead booking on the reservation will be required to supply their full name, email and telephone number.
- Booking in advance is strongly recommended. To keep our distance we have a reduced capacity, so book now and don’t miss out on a table!
- We have new hand sanitising stations around the building. We would also recommend guests should sanitise their hands before entering the building.
- We have a one way system in place meaning guests should now all enter via our main entrance and exit through our restaurant door.
- All tables are 1 metre plus apart.
- The restaurant will operate table service only.
- The maximum table size we will offer is for 8 guests. We will review this in accordance with government guidelines as they change.
- Your table allocation will be for a maximum of 2 hours, to limit time indoors, but also to help us with reduced capacity.
- All our restaurant staff will wear PPE in front and back of house.
- Additional cleaning measures will be carried out daily across our public areas.
- Our toilets have been locked to control and guests should ask for a key and visit one at a time.
- There is additional signage directing you around the building.
- Contactless and card payments are recommended.
Book A Table Now
For the Pipers' Tryst Hotel
- Checking In and Out - We are minimising contact between our staff and guests by providing Perspex screens at our front desk. We now have a key drop for keys to be left on check out and hand sanitiser in hotel public areas.
- Room Hygiene -We are paying attention to high touch areas such as door handles, remote controls and desk areas. We have removed some items from the bedroom which can be provided on request. A note of these items are provided in your guest book. We will also be providing masks and gloves for guests staying with us should they prefer to wear these in the public areas. Please ask a member of our team if you require either of these items.
- Protecting our team - We have issued our team with the appropriate PPE to allow them to feel safe while working. This includes gloves, masks, visors and hand sanitiser. Our housekeeping team will not enter the bedrooms until guests are fully vacated and for guests staying multiple nights we will only service the room on request.
Book your stay
We hope that these new guidelines help you to feel safer when dining and staying with us. We can’t wait to see you again soon!
The National Piping Centre is currently closed to the public at its venues at McPhater Street and Otago Street.
Even though small shops can reopen, The Bagpipe Shop is still online only for bagpiping supplies, but we are gearing towards reopening soon.
Our teaching team and events team are still available for online lessons and consultation about booking weddings and special events in the meantime though.
We’ll continue to follow the advice of the UK Government and relevant local and global health authorities and will keep you updated as to when we will re-open to staff and the public visitors.
We will continue to keep you updated and when we do reopen, we hope you will come and see us soon.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.