Glenfiddich Piping Championships 2022
Glenfiddich Piping Championships 2022
The National Piping Centre and William Grant Foundation are delighted to announce that the Glenfiddich Piping Championship 2022 will return for its 49th edition with in person and online audiences on Saturday 29th October 2022!
The Glenfiddich Piping Championship was established in 1974 to inspire the world's finest exponents of Ceòl Mòr or Piobaireachd (the great music) and Ceòl Beag or light music (the little music). Run by The National Piping Centre, the world centre for excellence in bagpipe music, and funded through the William Grant Foundation, the event is held annually at Blair Castle in Blair Atholl, Perthshire.
Following the competition, the annual Pipers' Ceilidh will start 8.30pm in the Atholl Palace Hotel, Pitlochry, with a limited number of tickets for this also available for purchase, along with competition tickets.
This year, the competitors will once again be chosen from the list of qualifying events, after 2 years without these events running. The qualifying events are:
The previous Glenfiddich Overall Champion
The Bratach Gorm from The Scottish Piping Society of London's Annual Competition
The Overall from The Scottish Piping Society of London's Annual Competition
The Piping Live! Masters
The Argyllshire Gathering Senior Piobaireachd
The Argyllshire Gathering Former Winners MSR
The Argyllshire Gathering Gold Medal
The Northern Meeting Clasp
The Northern Meeting Former Winners MSR
The Norther Meeting Gold Medallist
The competitors for 2022 will be announced once all the qualifying events have taken place and the pipers have accepted their invitations to play.
Make a Donation
This year, The National Piping Centre needs your help. The pandemic has hit our charity hard, making it hard to teach piping and continue to develop projects to support piping across the world. We would be grateful if you could make a donation to us to help us continue with our work into the future. If you are having a watch party where there are several of you getting together to watch on one ticket, we hope you could spare us a few extra pounds, euros or dollars, which would help ensure the future of The National Piping Centre and all its projects at this worrying time.
How to Register
How to buy tickets to go to Blair Castle in person
Tickets to come along to Blair Castle on the day are £15 adult / £12.00 concession. There are also tickets available for the Pipers Ceilidh at the Atholl Palace. These are bought as a package with your day ticket, with a package price of £75 adult/ £72 concession in total. Tickets are sold through ticketweb. Booking Fees apply
To Buy Tickets to watch the Livestream
Tickets for the livestream at £15 to watch on the day then will be available for 7 days after the event.
1. To get your tickets scroll to the bottom of the page, where you will see a picture of the 2021 group of pipers.
a. Click on the green Buy Tickets/Watch Online button
2. A Pop-Out box opens up
3. In the box, there are two clickable options: "Login" and "Sign Up."
a. If you HAVE previously purchased tickets through Piping Live or The National Piping Centre:
i. Select "Login" (which may be the default)
ii. Enter your email and existing password
iii. Click on the gray/brown box that says "Log In"
iv. Follow the instructions to pay.
b. If you HAVE NOT previously purchased tickets through Piping Live or The National Piping Centre:
i. Select the "Sign Up" option under the logo
ii. Follow the instructions to register and pay.
4. On the day, come back to this page and refresh the stream at 10am, then sit back and enjoy the day. The stream will remain online for 7 days after the event for viewers to re-watch.
How to log in or view the event
1. To log in and view the event, please return here, to this page www.thepipingcentre.co.uk/glenfiddich after purchasing your tickets.
2. You may already logged in.
3. Please scroll to the bottom of the page, and you should see what looks like a black box, with the words "This event hasnt started yet".
4. If you see this, you are already logged in and need take no further action until Saturday 30th October. On Saturday, please refresh the page at 10am and it will take you to the online stream.
If you see the purchase box again
1. Click on the "Buy tickets/Watch Online" button below as you did when you purchased
2. When the pop out box opens up, at the top you will see in small letters Log In/Sign up
3. Please click on Log In and there you can in put the email and password that you registered with
4. This should then take you through to a holding page, saying come back when the stream is live.
5. Refresh your page just before 10am on Saturday 30th October to get the livestream.
Please do not use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browsers as these aren't compatible with the player. Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers as they will show you the stream.
We recommend setting this up as soon as possible after purchasing your ticket. When you have logged in, you should see a holding screen with an image of the castle and trophy, and a donate button. Then just return there on the day, refresh the page at 10am and it should all become active.
For all authentication, payment and access related inquiries, please visit the InPlayer Support Center.