Directions & Opening Hours
Opening Hours vary across our business. Please check below for the opening hours you need.
The Piping School
Lessons are available between 9am - 9pm, dependent on instructors.
The Bagpipe Shop & Museum of Piping
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm at McPhater Street and Otago Street venues
Saturday - 9am - 3pm at McPhater Street only
Sunday - Closed
The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant & Hotel
The restuarant opening hours are:
Sunday, Monday & Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday: Breakfast - 8am 11.30am*, Lunch 12pm - 2.30pm, Dinner 5pm - 8pm (last orders 7.30pm)
Thursday: Breakfast - 8am 11.30am*, Lunch 12pm - 2.30pm, Dinner 5pm - 8pm (last orders 7.30pm)
Friday: Breakfast 8am - 11.30am*, Lunch 12pm - 2.30pm, Dinner 5pm - 9pm (last orders 8.30pm)
Saturday: Breakfast 8am - 11.30am*, Lunch 12pm - 2.30pm, Dinner 5pm - 9pm (last orders 8.30pm)
The hotel opening hours are:
Open 7 days a week, serving breakfast every day from 8am - 10am as usual
There are many ways to reach the National Piping Centre as it is close to road, rail, bus and underground links.
Our address is:
The National Piping Centre
30-34 McPhater Street
Driving Directions to The National Piping Centre
If coming from Edinburgh or East along the M8
• Take junction 16 off the M8
• Turn left - signposted for George Square
• Straight through all traffic lights until you come to a T-junction
• Turn left onto McPhater Street
If coming from Glasgow International Airport or west along the M8
• Keep to the left lane whilst coming across Kingston Bridge
• Take junction 18 off the M8
• Go straight through all traffic lights until you come to a T-junction
• Turn left onto Hope Street (one way) - Follow until the end where you will come to a T-junction
• Turn right onto Cowcaddens Road (sign posted for Buchanan Galleries) staying in the very left hand lane
• At the first traffic lights take the slip road to the left Port Dundas Road
• At the first traffic lights turn left onto Milton Street
• At the end of this road (T-junction) turn left onto McPhater Street
• Follow the road round, The National Piping Centre is on the left.
Plan your Journey
Please note that there is no parking onsite. There is on-street parking in the area and several large car parks: Dundasvale, Cambridge Street and another at Concert Square - all within a few minutes’ walk.
We are situated near to both of Glasgow's main railway stations at Queen Street and Central Station. We are a 10 minute walk from each location.
We are very close to Cowcaddens subway station, a 5 minute walk. This will give you easy access to and from the West End and Southside of the city.
Our central location means we are a 6 minute walk from Glasgow's main bus depot, Buchanan Bus Station. Many other city centre bus routes come within close proximity of The National Piping Centre, even if they do not stop at the bus station.
We want all our guests to have the best stay possible. The building is accessible to guests with mobility issues via a lift on the side of the building. This gives access to the main floors within the building. Please call in advance to arrange lift access. There are also accessible toilets on all floors. As an historic building however, there is no lift facility available to our bedrooms, with a flight of shallow stairs. For more information please read our access statement here.
Environmental Sustainability at The National Piping Centre
The National Piping Centre is committed to reducing its waste footprint. Recent commitments have included encouraging re-use of towels in our hotel rooms, installations of more energy-efficient LED lights throughout the building, a zero food waste commitment in our restaurant, recycling of glass, cans, bottles, cardboard and paper across the building. Read our full envionmental sustainability policy here.