Marketing and Design Co-ordinator Vacancy
This is an exciting opportunity to work within The National Piping Centre team and closely with the Marketing Officer to produce key strategic elements within the business, including for The National Piping Centre and Glasgow International Piping Festival. This includes Social Media strategy and implementation, developing blogging content and creating bespoke design within our branding guidelines.
Main Duties include:
The National Piping Centre
- Work with the Marketing Officer to develop strategies for key areas of the business including teaching (all styles of classes and learning), The Museum of Piping, the Website and other projects as arise.
- Working with the Marketing Officer to develop marketing campaigns for the Hotel, Restaurant and Events side of the business.
- Producing designs for a wide range of marketing materials (posters, banners, flyers, programmes, restaurant cards, menu)
- Producing regular content for The National Piping Centre’s wedding blog: liaising with the venue’s wedding coordinators, researching topics, writing copy and designing infographics.
- Updating Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Create and send e-newsletters for The Pipers' Tryst Hotel and Restaurant using MailChimp
- Video recording and editing as necessary (cropping, adding subtitles)
- Livestream moderation as required for key events
- Writing and sending press releases for events outwith Piping Live!
- Strategically planning and producing content for the Piping Live! social media channels to heighten awareness and drive ticket sales, managing activity and responses across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Writing an Event Management Plan for the festival and completing applications for relevant licences (Police Event Notification, PEL, TTRO)
- Liaising with suppliers to arrange the timely set-up and breakdown of the event infrastructure (Marquee /Fencing / First Aid etc.)
- Producing designs for festival specific marketing material – flyers, posters, social media graphics as required
- Creating regular eNewsletter updates using MailChimp in compliance with GDPR legislation
- Creating social media assets, graphics and video
- Managing competitions on social media
Plus any other duties as required
Graduate from a marketing or related degree.
Work related experience
• Experience of working in a busy arts marketing environment
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including attention to detail, and keeping to deadlines, with a proven ability to prioritise a large workload
• Skilled use of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
• Ability to use website design software, design and editing software Adobe Creative Suite (PremierePro, Illustrator), Canva, MailChimp
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good copy writing skills and strong graphic sense
• Some experience of working with press and media
• Clear understanding of customer care
• Able to use initiative
• Flexible attitude and willing to work as part of a close-knit team
• Conscientious and able to work under pressure in a busy environment
• An ability and enthusiastic willingness to represent the organisation
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends if required
• A broad knowledge and enthusiasm for traditional music
• Commitment to furthering the aims of The National Piping Centre
Terms and Conditions
• This position is permanent and full-time – 35 hours per week.
• Annual leave entitlement is 21 days plus 9 statutory days.
• Salary TBA – dependent upon experience
• A full set of terms and conditions will be issued to the successful candidate.
To apply please send a current CV and covering letter to:
The National Piping Centre
30-34 McPhater Street,