Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions For The National Piping Centre
In case of dispute both parties will adhere exclusively to Scots Law with respect to any booking.
To view the terms and conditions for a section of our business, please click the headings to expand that section. Click it again to close it down and then you can view the next section.
Lessons at The National Piping Centre
The standard lesson duration is 50 minutes or 25 minutes, as confirmed when making your booking .
Payment must be made in full in advance of the lesson. On payment, you will receive a receipt for payment with a unique reference number which should be retained for proof of purchase and in the event of a refund request.
Cancellation Policy: Individual or Online Lessons – If a lesson is cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled lesson time, the customer will be charged the full lesson amount. However, we will endeavour to reschedule lessons cancelled out with this time frame.
Cancellation Policy: Intensive Courses If cancelled more than 14 working days in advance, 25% of the cost will be refunded. If cancelled within 14 working days, no refund will be made.)
We cannot guarantee any lessons booked for the future . Unused pre-paid lessons are non-refundable without proof of purchase.
Pre-paid lesson must be used with six months of purchase, unless otherwise arranged or agreed upon.
The National Piping Centre Piping Events Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Events run by The National Piping Centre
These terms and conditions refer to events that happen within The National Piping Centre or are run by The National Piping Centre team at external venues. They refer to the legal entity as stated in Legal Information section below.
For In Person Events
Ticket Exchanges and RefundsNo refunds will be given except in the event of cancellation of a performance. If an event is cancelled,The National Piping Centre’s liability will be to the customer who made the original purchase and will be limited to the cost of the tickets purchased. We do not allow the resale of our tickets for private commercial gain. Tickets are sold for use by the buyer and their party. We will cancel tickets if there is any breach of this condition and refuse entry without a refund. For your own peace of mind, please only buy from our official outlet for in person tickets, TicketWeb
If you are unable to attend a performance, we will accept the fees paid for your tickets as donations. Please note that you will not receive a refund for either the cost of your ticket(s) or any fees.
All ticket prices are inclusive of VAT. There may be additional booking fees charged by the ticketing provider, Ticketweb
When you book tickets to The National Piping Centre events, you can choose either to use electronic tickets, or you can have your tickets mailed to you for an additional cost. If you are booking online, this choice will be indicated when the contents of your shopping basket are confirmed. Due to Covid-19, we are currently not offering the option to collect tickets in person. Please see TicketWeb terms (link above) for full terms.
Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before they can enter the auditorium. If there is no suitable break, latecomers may not be admitted.
The National Piping Centre is a company limited by guarantee (139271) with charitable status (SC020391). Its registered office is at 30-34 McPhater Street, Glasgow, G4 0HW. The National Piping Centre’s VAT registration number is GB 927 1630 28
Tickets are sold subject to The National Piping Centre’s right to alter or vary the programme due to circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
Ticket holders consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded as members of the audience. The resulting film footage, images and recordings may be used to promote the Piping Live! and its activities in print, in the media and on websites. Piping Live! will endeavour to inform attenders prior to the commencement of the event if filming is to take place. Ticket holders consent to the recording and filming of themselves as members of the audience.
We conduct photography and filming in The National Piping Centre and around the site for purposes including archive recording, press and promotional photography, and the production of marketing materials. We keep these recordings and photos in perpetuity.
Terms and Condition Changes
The National Piping Centre reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions without prior notification.
Use of Recording Equipment
The use of cameras, tape recorders or any other electronic or digital recording, photographing or imaging devices is not allowed inside the auditorium. Mobile phones, beepers and pagers must be switched off at all times.
Terms and Conditions for Watching Online
The stream will be broadcast live/premiered at the specified time (which, unless otherwise stated, is shown in BST or GMT) and will then be available through that link until 23:59 seven days after the event.
The National Piping Centre accepts no liability for any technical issues suffered by the customer or for the customer missing the Live Stream.
If a technical delay or issue arises from The National Piping Centre team that causes the session to start late or suffer detrimental disruption, then we will ensure you receive your full allocation of time or look to reschedule if appropriate.
Whilst we endeavour to provide the best service possible for online delivery, there are some elements to your digital experience that we cannot fully control.
- Video quality may not be fully consistent throughout the event, including some variations of image quality and the occasional pause or stutter in sound. This should be a rarity and we would not consider this a technical issue unless it severely affects the delivery of the session.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have access to equipment and a suitable internet connection that provides access to the livestream and other resources provided by The National Piping Centre
- Your ticket entitles you and your household to access and watch the specified Live Stream on a single device via your online Inplayer account through the National Piping Centr website.
- You may display the live stream on a single device and for your own personal and private use only. It is not licensed for any educational use, including and on behalf of all libraries and educational institutions worldwide. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display outside a personal and private setting, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell this live stream. Commercial use of this live stream in any form is strictly prohibited.
The Pipers’ Tryst Hotel Reservation and Cancellation Policy
All of our rooms have super-king sized beds, en-suite bathrooms, free wifi and tea and coffee making facilities.
Should you require a twin, triple room or cot please contact us on 0141 353 5551.
Terms & Conditions
As we are a small hotel we ask all guests to confirm their estimated time of arrival.
Check in is from 2pm until 10pm, Monday-Saturday.
On Sundays we close before 6pm therefore guests arriving later are required to contact us in advance.
We will only contact you prior to your stay and after your stay with information about your booking.We will not pass your details onto any third parties.
Advanced purchase rate reservations require full payment upon reservation and are non refundable in the event cancellation. Standard rate reservations that do not require pre-payment are subject to a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Cancellation must be made by 9am the day before check-in, otherwise the booking will be charged in full.
All rooms cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged in full.
Guest Safety Guidelines
Here at The Pipers’ Tryst Hotel the safety of our guests and staff is imperative. We have implemented some changes to ensure we are doing our best to keep everyone safe.
Checking In and Out
We are minimising contact between our staff and guests by providing Perspex screens at our front desk. We now have a key drop for keys to be left on check out and hand sanitiser in hotel public areas.
We have currently halved our maximum hotel capacity to ensure rooms are not in use each night. This will allow additional cleaning time and checks to be carried out. We are paying attention to high touch areas such as door handles, remote controls and desk areas. We have removed some items from the bedroom which can be provided on request. A note of these items are provided in your guest book. We will also be providing a mask and gloves for guests staying with us should they prefer to wear these in the public areas.
Protecting our team
We have issued our team with the appropriate PPE to allow them to feel safe while working. This includes gloves, masks, visors and hand sanitiser. Our housekeeping team will not enter the bedrooms until guests are fully vacated and for guests staying multiple nights we will only service the room on request.
Come & Try The Bagpipe Sessions
A provisional booking can be held for up to 7 days without obligation.
To confirm your booking full payment is required within 14 days of the invoice being issued.
Charges are made as follows:
- 1-19 people £165 flat fee
- 20+ guests £10.00 per person
- Any catering or merchandise ordered
- For parties over 30 we may request to split you into groups as our room capacities are moderately small.
A full refund is available if the session is cancelled within 4 weeks or more notice.
Neither you nor any of your guests may bring drinks other than water, alcohol or food of any kind into The National Piping Centre.
The National Piping Centre will not be liable for the cost of any damage or repairs that may be required as a direct result of such damage to any part of the building or, any equipment therein contained caused by any person invited by you or on your behalf.The National Piping Centre will not accept liability in respect of any loss or damage to articles brought onto the premises.
All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at the rate prevailing when this contract was issued. They are subject to change without notice should there be a change in the rate of VAT chargeable.
This agreement will only come into force when a copy is signed and dated by the customer and given to The National Piping Centre. If the agreement fails to be signed, the National Piping Centre reserves the right to cancel the event.
All users of The National Piping Centre’s online tuition service must agree to these terms and conditions.
Payment must be received in advance of the lesson. The National Piping Centre will not enter into an agreement to provide online tuition to the user until payment has been received.
The National Piping Centre cannot be held liable for service interruptions or technical faults. If a lesson is disrupted for these reasons The National Piping Centre may reschedule the lesson at its discretion but refunds cannot be made. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Lessons last for 50 minutes and up to five minutes of this time may be used to solve any connection or set-up problems.
If a lesson is cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled lesson time, the customer will be charged the full lesson amount. However, we will endeavour to reschedule lessons cancelled out with this time frame.
No-shows: If you are not online for your lesson at the agreed time, you will be liable for the full cost of that lesson.
Lesson duration is 50 minutes per class at McPhater Street and 2 hours, with a dedicated one to one time at Otago Street.
Full payment must be made to confirm your place on the evening class course.
Your preference of evening and time will be taken into account, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive your first choice. Late enrolees will be charged for full course.
Notification given in excess of 14 working days before first lesson of the booked course – Full refund
Notification given within 14 working days of first lesson of the booked course – 25% refund
No refunds are available after the first lesson of the booked course.
Missed lessons will not be refunded.
Schools and Courses
“Schools and Courses” refers to any courses organised by The National Piping Centre including evening classes, seasonal schools, intensive courses and workshops.
Full payment must be made on confirmation of the booking 25% of which is non refundable.
Schools and Courses held in the UK: 14 days’ notice or less – no refund will be given.
Courses held outside the UK: 28 days’ notice or less – no refund will be given.
Bank charges will be incurred if paying for an international school or course by cheque in any other currency than pounds sterling, this must be taken into account when writing out the amount. In addition the exchange rate will be set by the bank therefore if an over payment is made a refund will be given, or if the fee is underpaid a further charge will be made to ensure payment in full of the course fee.
Any pre ordered embroidered merchandise is not refundable or exchangeable.
The National Piping Centre reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course being cancelled, The National Piping Centre will refund students fees. Consideration will be given to reimbursement of additional expenses incurred by students. Students are advised to purchase refundable travel tickets.
The National Piping Centre reserves the right to make changes to the advertised instruction team.
Examination Bookings – If an examination is cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled exam time, the customer will be charged one full lesson amount. However, we will endeavour to reschedule the exam cancelled out with this time frame.
AGB: Stornierung und Rückerstattung
Nach Abschluss der Buchung können maximal 75% des Preises zurückerstattet werden. Erfolgt die Stornierung nicht bis spätestens 29 Tage vor Beginn der Winter School, kann kein Geld zurückerstattet werden.
Bitte beachten Sie, dass es zu Bank- und/oder Umrechnungsgebühren kommen kann, da die Bezahlung in Pfund erfolgen muss. Der Umrechnungskurs wird dabei von der Bank vorgegeben.
Das National Piping Centre behält sich das Recht vor, die Winter School in besonderen Fällen abzusagen. In diesem Falle werden alle Kosten zurückerstattet, dies gilt möglicherweise auch für schon zusätzlich geleistete Zahlungen von Teilnehmern (z.B. Reisekosten). Es wird jedoch empfohlen, stornierbare Reisemöglichkeiten zu wählen.
Das National Piping Centre behält sich vor, Änderungen am Lehrpersonal vorzunehmen.
Regular students at the National Piping Centre are entitled to some great benefits.
You will receive 10% off shop items excluding bagpipes, gift vouchers, sale items, lessons and the Piping Today magazine.
You will receive 10% off accommodation in The Pipers’ Tryst Hotel excluding Friday and Saturday nights.
You will receive a 10% discount on meals from the a la carte menu at The Pipers’ Tryst Hotel (tables of 4 or fewer; Minimum order is 2 courses per person).
The National Piping Centre may cancel or withdraw the scheme at any time.
The National Piping Centre is collecting your personal data to administer these discounts. This data will be held securely and will not be transferred to any third party except where required by law.
This is a legally binding agreement regarding the use of our application (the “App”), you and The National Piping Centre (The Piping Centre Trading Ltd), 30-34 McPhater Street, Glasgow, G4 0HW.
These Terms may be amended from time to time, but constitutes an agreement between you and The National Piping Centre. We reserve the right to update these terms at any point and the update will become effective immediately. The terms shall be governed in accordance with ScotsLaw and you agree to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
The App is made available for your own personal use. The App must not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You agree that when using the App you will comply with all applicable laws whether of the UK or otherwise (“Applicable Laws”) and these Terms. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
- Use the App in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including (without limitation) copyright infringement; or
- Attempt to gain to gain unauthorised access to the App or any networks, servers or systems connected to the App;
- Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the App.
You agree to indemnify The National Piping Centre in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which it suffers or incurs directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the App otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Laws.
Weddings, Ceremonies and Evening Receptions
Please find below The National Piping Centre’s terms and conditions for weddings, ceremonies and evening receptions.
1. A provisional booking can be held for up to 7 days without obligation.
2. A provisional booking will be released unless written confirmation is received, accompanied by a deposit of:
- £1000 for wedding receptions
- £500 for evening only celebrations
3. Should the client wish to cancel their booking, this must be notified in writing and the following charges will apply:
- The deposit paid is non-refundable and non-transferable and will be lost if the event of cancellation.
- Within 6 months’ notice or less 30% of the anticipated revenue* and deposit is payable
- Within 3 months’ notice or less 50% of the anticipated revenue* and deposit is payable
- Within 2 months’ notice or less 75% of the anticipated revenue* and deposit is payable
- Within 1 months’ notice or less results in the full amount of the projected revenue* being due to The National Piping Centre.
4. The final wedding confirmation and guest numbers must be given one month prior to the event.
5. If final guest numbers change they will be required 14 days prior to the event however please note if less, no refund will be given.
6. The final account is payable one month prior to your special day with any extras that may be incurred, payable on the day or on departure from the hotel.
7. Payment accepted is cash, Visa, MasterCard or bank transfer. TNPC does not accept cheques.
8. All prices are subject to change year on year around 2-5%. Please note your wedding will be charged at the current yearly rate unless paid in full during another year to receive the cheaper price.
9. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at the rate prevailing when this contract was issued.
10. The National Piping Centre offers wedding insurance through Hiscox (Please see useful contacts). We recommend that you look into insurance should anything unforeseen happen.
11. Service is not included and can be left for the staff at your discretion. All gratuities are shared equally between all staff and chefs.
12. There are no minimum numbers for any events or weddings at The National Piping Centre. Please note that the Auditorium may be too large a space for parties less than 30.
13. ‘Simply Done’ packages have a minimum number of 80 people and this can be increased to 120 with additional fees.
14. The Pipers’ Tryst has an 8-bedroom ‘restaurant with rooms’. At the time of booking you will be asked if you would like to reserve any hotel bedrooms for you and your guests. Please note the following:
- Bedrooms will be reserved in the main account holders name up to 6 months prior to the wedding.
- 6 months prior to your wedding we will ask for a rooming list of names of guests who are staying with us. They will be assigned to a room and clients can opt to have their charges on the master wedding bill or guests can pay own account.
- Payment is required on arrival at the hotel for all guests. Any no-shows will be chargeable to the wedding master bill.
- Accommodation starts from £89 per room. Room rates are ‘Best Available’ and our prices fluctuate to £115 per room due to seasonality and Glasgow City Centre Major Events.
- All rates are inclusive of a continental breakfast and we also offer a full range of cooked breakfasts that can be purchased at the time.
15. The National Piping Centre will not be liable for the cost of any damage or repairs that may be required as a direct result of such damage to any part of the building or, any equipment therein contained caused by any person invited by you or on your behalf.
16. The National Piping Centre will not accept liability in respect of any loss or damage to articles brought onto the premises.
17. Neither you nor any of your guests may bring alcohol or food of any kind (except for infant feeding) into The National Piping Centre.
18. The National Piping Centre reserves the right to refuse alcohol.
19. The National Piping Centre will not allow bands or DJs to store their equipment over night. Bands must fully exit the premises after the event has taken place.
20. The National Piping Centre does not provide a dressing room or meals for bands unless the bride and groom has authorised pre-event and it has been settled on the master invoice.
21. This agreement will only come into force when a copy is signed and dated by the customer and given to The National Piping Centre. If the agreement fails to be signed, the National Piping Centre reserves the right to cancel the event.
*Anticipated revenue - The proposed package chosen by the client taking into account the current guest numbers and reserved bedrooms.
*Projected revenue – As above, including estimated average bar spend i.e. The total wedding spend.